Chocolate Brownie Cookie Dough Crumbs, Vanilla Mascarpone Crème Salted Vanilla Caramel
1 tub Chocolate Brownie Cookie Dough
300ml Thicken cream
1 Vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out
200g Caster sugar
120g Liquid glucose
60g Unsalted butter
1.2l Thicken cream, semi whipped
50g Pure icing sugar, sifted
10g Vanilla bean paste
- Preheat the oven to 175°C fan-forced. Spread the cookie dough evenly onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until baked through. Allow to cool, then whiz in a blender or food processor into fine crumbs. Set aside.
- To make the caramel, warm the cream with the vanilla pod. Combine the sugar, glucose, and water in a separate small pot. Bring to a simmer and cook until a golden caramel, then remove from the heat and whisk in the butter. Return the pan to the heat and gradually whisk in the warm vanilla cream. Once incorporated, add some sea salt to taste. Transfer to a container, cover the surface of the caramel directly with plastic wrap to stop a skin from forming, and place in the fridge to cool down, ideally overnight.
- For the mascarpone creme, place the mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and vanilla bean paste into a small bowl. Using a wooden spoon, beat together until combined.
- Place a spoonful of the cookie crumble into the bottom of six serving glasses. Pipe over a layer of caramel, and then top with a layer of mascarpone mix. Continue to the layer ingredients in the glasses, finishing with the crumble on top.
- Don’t over-whisk the mascarpone creme, otherwise it will split.
- Make sure the caramel is completely cold before you assemble the cookie-misu, otherwise you will melt the mascarpone creme.
- You could also serve this dessert in one giant dish, rather than six small glasses. You might just need to double the quantities, depending on how big you go.