Brownie Caramel Slice
Chocolate Brownie, Salted Caramel
Makes 1 Tray
1 tub Chocolate Brownie Cookie Dough
110g Unsalted butter
110g Brown sugar
40g Golden syrup
1 tin Condensed milk
10g Sea salt
150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 150°C fan forced. Line a 22cm x 22cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place cookie dough in prepared tin and press to create an even base. Bake for 8-12 minutes until just golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To make the caramel filling, place butter, brown sugar, and golden syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir through the condensed milk, then add the sea salt. Pour caramel over the cooled cookie base, then bake for a further 18 minutes or until starting to set. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate top. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second bursts, stirring, until melted and smooth. Stir through the olive oil, then pour the melted chocolate mixture over the caramel and spread evenly. Place in the fridge to set completely, then cut into pieces to serve.
- Make sure the cookie base is cooled and levelled
- Add Salted Peanuts to the caramel for more texture
- Mix up the cookie dough, to raspberry donut with a white chocolate top