VV Cookie Cupcakes
Vanilla cookie dough cupcakes, vanilla buttercream and Nutella
150g ANNA POLYVIOU COOKIE DOUGH, BROWNIE, CHILLED
270g Plain flour
10g Baking powder
140g Caster sugar
Pinch of salt
90ml Vegetable oil
90g Unsalted butter, melted
150g Unsalted butter
500g Icing sugar, sifted
1 tbs Vanilla bean paste
200g Chocolate hazelnut spread
100g Cookie crumbs (see note)
- Preheat the oven to 165°C. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cupcake liners.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add sugar and salt and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg and vegetable oil and mix to combine. Add milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well to combine, then stir through the melted butter.
- Grate the chilled cookie dough, and gently fold into the cupcake batter. Divide evenly among the cupcake liners and bake for 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the vanilla buttercream. Place butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat until pale. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating on low speed, until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla and beat on high until well incorporated. Place buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle. Place choc-hazelnut spread into a separate piping bag with a plain nozzle.
- Pipe buttercream evenly on top of the cooled cupcakes. Roll the sides of the icing in the cookie crumbs, then pipe a dot of choc-hazelnut spread in the centre of the icing. Serve.
NOTE Roll leftover cookie dough into mini cookies, and bale at 160°C for 10 minutes. Blitz half the cookies to create the cookie crumb and save the rest for a snack!